Monday, November 21, 2016

Trick or Treating through Thanksgiving....

This is an ACTUAL discussion that we had in our morning meeting one day last week....

Ms. Amie says, " If we are singing our good morning song and somebody doesn't have a group, please let them into your group." 
Small Child says, "Yeah, and if everybody did that then everyone in the world could be happy and we'd all have a LOT of friends."

If only, my friend...if only.  (And I know I always say I'm working on World Peace in our classroom, but doesn't this prove it?)


So we did a little trick or treating at Millican Hall right here on the university.  It was a lot of fun and I'd like to PERSONALLY thank our photographer who took these amazing photos...since I forgot made a choice to leave our camera in the classroom....







We had our own election in EE5, as some of you already know.  We decided to avoid the negativity but help the children understand a little about the process of making a choice based on what you think.  Our candidates were Oreo and Chocolate Chip.  We had campaign posters and a debate where each candidate's representative could explain why we thought you should vote for each one.


We made a voting booth with a curtain for privacy because you can keep your vote secret if you want to....


Our volunteers at the polling station were very helpful.  Anyone could vote and we had visitors from other classrooms all morning.  




After voting, our campaign helpers gave each voter a sticker that said, "I voted in EE5!"  

As a side note, I was pretty sure I would have to station an adult  at the voting booth to help our volunteers guide the voters, but they were having NONE of that!  They took right over, kept things organized and moving and there was never a line waiting.  Amazing.   All in all it was a wonderful experience and a clean campaign.  (Chocolate chip won 38-36!)

Today I walked around a snapped a few pictures of what was going on....










I also want to let you know, that Mr. Oscar and I are VERY thankful to have these wonderful little people in our lives.  Thank you for sharing them with us!  We couldn't love them more!

No comments:

Post a Comment